Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reasons To Adopt A Cat

Just now as I was walking towards my office in Alor Gajah campus, I heard a soft mewing. When I looked down, I noticed this tiny little creature whose size was even smaller than the wheel of a waste container.

I immediately thought of VC's SMS three days ago: "There is a kitty at my aunt's house. I miss Ivy (actually a male). In future, I might want to keep a kitty. Sometimes, I read your blog entry about Ivy, feel sad."

As soon as I bent my knees and pulled out my camera from my bag, the kitten went to hide under the staircase.

After awhile, it was no longer shy to pose to show me its left side with the abdomen up,

its right side with the abdomen down,

its back,

its legs and tail,

and its cute face.

I also remembered a forwarded e-mail I had read two weeks ago:
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never say it's not quite as good as his mother's... then adopt a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour, for as long and wherever you want... then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies... then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores... then adopt a dog!

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually.... then adopt a dog.

BUT, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness... then adopt a cat!

You thought I was gonna say... marry a man, didn't you?
---------------------------------------------------------------
I think adopting a cat would still be far more pleasant than marrying a man with the above description. Don't you agree, my female single friends?

2 comments:

albert peh said...

It is easier to interact with a cat or dog than a husband or wife.

Michan said...

Hahaa, Albert, that's your opinion. Genesis 2:18 doesn't say "And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone: I will make him a helper dog or cat comparable to him'." So a woman is still the best person to interact with a man ;)