Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Besançon: On The Bicycle III

I told Edith's brother Damien about our cycling activity when we were invited to his house

by his parents

that night after our the second trip. As he worked in a bakery in Pontarlier which was quite far from Dannemarie-sur-Crète, he had to leave the house at two or three o'clock in the morning. That evening, he was the first person to leave the table to go to bed.

Since he finished his work also quite early, he was interested to join us on the bicycle in the following Monday afternoon. But he could not confirm for he had another appointment just before our meeting time.

Unfortunatelly, he could not make it. So I finally gave up the hope to have a young companion during the pedalling. Nevertheless, I fully enjoyed the presence of my three other cycle mates who were all double my age.

This time, we took the opposite direction to Baumes-Les-Dames.

The riverside view was still very attractive with typical Franc-comtois churches,

houses,

and flowers.

Sometimes a regional train or a high speed train (TGV) passed by. It was pleasant to see the wagons from far if we ignored the fact that the engine caused sound polution to the residents who lived next to the railway.

There was a nice place where we made a pause

and had some snacks.

On our way back,

we stopped at a Roman aqueduct which was built in 170ac. Ernest filmed it while Daniel photographed it with full concentration. I imagined that Malaysian visitors would be busy posing in front of the camera...

We were always blessed with the good weather for my three cycle trips with Ernest and Nicole. When we went back to the house, it came to my mind to take a few pictures with the plant which Nicole took a good care of.

I was right, for a heavy rain fell the next day which destroyed the vulnerable flowers. I would not have been able to smell their perfume one day later...

1 comment:

kimly said...

I'm wondering how many days left till you back to M'sia :p