Monday, November 23, 2009

Visitors From The Nature

Grown up in a house with limited space for gardening, the insects I often saw at the front yard were butterflies. Since I started to plant vegetables, fruits, flowers and decorative leaves in my present house, different visitors from the nature dropped by in the garden.

During my youth, a song titled "Red Dragonflies" from a Taiwanese boy band was very famous. I had seen dragonflies, but never this colour. Last Tuesday, five days after I had given threaded dragonflies to the Doulos girls as souvenirs, I finally discovered a red one in my garden! This living dragonfly was a great souvenir given by God in return on their behalf:

Grasshoppers were nice to watch when they just jumped from one place to another with their long back legs.

When I saw this fellow, I immediately knew that leaves in my garden had contributed to its fat body. If there were more, I might have considered to deep fry them to get some protein!

Many weeks ago, as I was going to watering the plants in the dark, I noticed a frog on the floor near the tap. It soon disappeared. Yesterday morning when I was cutting grass, this small creature suddenly jumped out and gave me a fright. Then it changed its position and remained motionless next to a pot. Even though I kept moving around it, it was not scared of me.

Looking at these visitors from the nature, how could I ever deny that they were created by our Almighty God?

No comments: