Friday, July 17, 2009

Melaka: Tanjung Bidara III

Later, VC admitted to me that while I was saying the prayer, he was still so worried about the toxin that he felt his body temperature continued to reduce. And he found my prayer long!

We usually took turns to take our showers. I suggested to VC that he went in first while I held our things outside. But he preferred that I entered before him. When I came out, he was at a snack stall nearby. He had gone to look for medical oil and the owners just generously gave him some, told him not to let his body have contact with water and advised him to eat "tapai" (a kind of fermented rice) to warm up his body. Before them, another old man had also recommended VC to drink some beer for the same reason.

I was relieved that VC had not taken his shower earlier. But he still went into the shower rooms to change into dry clothes. There he also showed his stung feet to the keeper. This Malay old man seemed to have a lot of experience with victims of jellyfish stings there. He was already keeping a bottle of vinegar under his desk to pour out a little onto VC's feet. When VC asked him whether he should go to the clinic, the keeper reassured that it was not necessary. This kind man also did not want to make VC pay 50 cents to use the shower rooms. But VC insisted to leave him the money.

So we left Tanjung Bidara with the memory of the jellyfish stings. We thanked God for His healing and the right advice from the right people. Finally we did not consult a doctor. Instead, we happily shared a can of beer and a can of shandy.

And I also thank God that until now, VC had not been transformed into Jellyfishman to follow the steps of Spiderman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have so much to blog about, I envy you haha but great then.