Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sarah's Holiday III

I was planning to bring Sarah to watch "Madagascar 2". However, she preferred another film "High School Musical 3". I am not a cinema fan and I had not even heard of this Disney movie franchise which was very popular among the teenagers. Since my guest favoured the musical over the animation, I just tried to accommodate her.

When we reached the Melaka Mall, the movie was about to start. After I had bought the tickets, Sarah went to buy some snacks. When I realized that she had ordered two packets of popcorn, it was too late to cancel one. She also bought a soft drink. The junk food altogether cost her more than the promotional movie tickets I had paid for!

When I was a child like her, I hardly spent more than RM1 for snacks. And I remember I first stepped into a cinema theatre only at around the age of 14 and the ticket price then was at least three times less than nowadays.

Well, the twenty years plus of age gap between us did make things a lot different.

During the show time, Sarah helped me understand the story by telling me the relationship among the characters that she had known in the first two episodes. She seemed to like all the clothes that the female protagonist Gabriella wore while her good friend Pamela preferred those of the antagonist Sharpay.

After the movie, we went to the children department at Parkson to see Barbie and Baby Alive dolls. Since my childhood, I did not like toys that looked like real persons. So I never fancied having a doll. Thank God now I like to feed and dress up myself as well as others!

At the end of the three days, Sarah was quite happy with her stay with VC and me. We were invited to write down our information in a small book that she was keeping. We also left some encouraging words. I read through other pages written by her good friends of other races. If only we adults learned from the children to accept one another regardless our races and religions, we could live in peace and harmony.

No comments: