Monday, November 24, 2008

Sarah's Holiday I

Sarah is Pastor Albert's third child. She followed her father and eldest brother Mark to Melaka from Sabah about a year ago.

She was studying in a Chinese primary school but her Mandarin was not fluent due to lack of practice. When the school holidays began, I invited her to spend a few days at my place to immerse her in the language. My other purpose was to bring her for some outings, before she reunited with other family members who would arrive later in December.

I love to involve children in the preparation of dishes. This time we were making pizzas. Her task was to chop vegetables into small cubes. It was supposed to be done in the kitchen. As she wanted to watch her favorite TV drama, I allowed her to work in the living room.

The smaller pizza was for her. So she was in charge of the topping.

Don't think I had a giant appetite to swallow the bigger pizza. I was going to share with VC, okay!

When the products were taken out from the the oven, VC teased me that the resemblance between my pizzas and those in the Pizza Hut was merely 30%. After all, they still looked appetizing, didn't they?

When Sarah's whole family is around, I will open my pizzeria again.

No comments: