Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sarah's Holiday II

I had to attend a meeting on campus in the morning. I brought Sarah along with me. At first some colleagues thought she was my adopted sister. Actually my nephew Zer Yih was almost of her age. When ZT heard that Sarah was my pastor's daughter, she said, "She is pious. Dangerous!" I knew she was referring to me. She must have related our pastors to their religious leaders. I just smilingly gave her a spontaneous reply "The dangerous ones are those who put bombs..." which made her shut her mouth.

The more pious I become, The more loving person I will learn to be from my pastors who preach about God's love.

When the brief meeting was over, I took her to my office and let her use my desktop.

What do you think a 10-year-old daughter of a pastor was surfing on the net? A Christian website about Jesus or the Bible?

She was more interested in Barbie's games.

Before we left the campus, we took a few pictures near the lake. I used to go to classes in the students' residential blocks by walking up and down the stairs

and crossing the bridge during my first two semesters here. The recent metal handrails gave the wooden bridge a new look.

This path reminded me of my morning strolls alone during the semester break in 2004. It had also been upgraded with bricks.

A guard passed by and was surprised to see us. He must have thought that I was an outsider until I introduced myself and showed him my staff card. Chinese employees were rare in this university and there were hardly any people who took their time to walk at the lakeside leisurely.

We were breathing fresh air instead of the artificial one released from the air-con in my office and the view was much more attractive than the computer screen. But I still wonder if Sarah agreed with me.

No comments: