Monday, June 29, 2009

Japan: Buffet Lunch

One day, Ah Yu drove us to a buffet restaurant which was well known for its variety of dishes with fresh vegetables directly from farms in Moriya.

The building was surrounded by plants. So, a wonderful greenery could be seen from the dining hall.

Inside the restaurant was also a small garden with a beautiful landscape.

When we stepped into the buffet hall, the dishes highlighted by the decorations and lighting attracted my eyes even more.

There were many types of plates for us to serve our food. Emi recommended a tray divided by nine equal compartments so that we just tried a small portion of everything.

This was my first-round serving of "tempura" (deep fried battered vegetable), omelet, "tofu" (bean curd), chicken pie with mashed potatoes, seaweed, "onigiri" (rice ball), etc.

The guys preferred the normal plates to take their favorite dishes.

When all the compartments of my tray were filled again for the second time,

my stomach was already full but my desire was not yet satisfied.

So, I continued to eat extra food left on our table, and desserts that Mum and Emi shared with me.

Later, Emi told me there were other dishes like curry and fried rice in other pots. But I could hardly move my body anymore.

Now I understood why free samples of cheese cakes were given to us earlier at the entrance to promote their bakery products sold independently. Had customers tasted them after the buffet which cost 1500 yen per adult and more expensive at night, they might not have appreciated the delicacies as much, nor considered to buy any back.

If they sold the special tray, many wives might buy it back to serve dishes for their husbands to taste all the foods they cook with love...

No comments: