Thursday, September 4, 2008

Langkawi: Second Trip

When my colleague Shera asked me if I was interested to join her trip with students to Langkawi, I realized how time had flown! When I first went there, I had just graduated from the secondary school. This time would be only the second time, and I would be bringing college students!

"Lang" comes from the Malay word helang which means eagle.

"Kawi" is Sanskrit for marble, which is found in excess in these islands.

From the Kuala Perlis jetty, we took the high-speed ferry to reach the Kuah jetty.

I had not stepped on Langkawi for more than ten years. During the last trip, I only focused on the fun I had with my friends. This time, I paid more attention to the beautiful beaches,

and other elements

which contributed to the charm of the island.

No comments: