Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Sunday Afternoons II

Had I not known Ps Albert's BM service at the end of September, I would still be spending my Sunday afternoons either at Jusco shopping mall or in front of the television at home.

Now from 2pm onwards, I will be helping Kee Ming and Sarma to arrange the chairs. Then we will wait for the arrival of Ps Albert's team to get ready for the service.

When other musicians or singers are not available, Ps Albert will play the guitar, or sometimes the piano, to accompany Marten who performs a solo to lead the worship.

The dancers dressed like little angels are Ps Albert's skinny daughter Sarah

and Marten's chubby Pamela.

Besides singing, Marten often gives testimonies, especially on his health.

Sometimes, we have a guest speaker. In the end of November, Ps Albert's cousin Ps Alfred came all the way from Puchong to give a sermon.

Some who usually attended the service in Sungai Udang also joined us in Ayer Keroh. During the worship, all the mothers went on stage together to sing praise to the Lord.

As I cannot play any musical instruments, nor am I gifted for singing, I prefer to participate in the preparation and serving of the afternoon tea.

By the time we say goodbye to one another, it is usually over 5pm. So I have spent almost eight hours in the CLA church on Sundays, as long time as on campus during other working days. And God rewards me by blessing my following week!

No comments: